We aim to:
- provide employment and personal development opportunities to many of the remote Traveller communities of Lincolnshire.
- reduce the isolation families can feel due to their location, lifestyle or discrimination by the wider community.
- encourage families to try new educational, employment and recreational experiences.
- develop through partnerships, connections between Travellers and public agencies, local businesses, charities, educational establishments and a wide range of other service providers.
- empower and build confidence in the individuals and families that use our services.
- promote better preventative health measures and introduce a range of health services to Traveller communities.
The birth of LTIWell actually it wasn’t, it was Gainsborough Traveller Initiative in those days. We ran a parent and toddler group in a refurbished warden’s building on Summergangs Lane site, Gainsborough. At the same time social and recreational activities were developed with the adults on the Gainsborough site. Courses included flower arranging, jewellery making and sewing. Trips were to London’s West End, Blackpool and The Clothes Show Live to name but a few.
Expanded our services to include Lincoln. Deliver the Trinity College London, Arts Award; the only service to enter Travellers for this qualification (30+young people have since gained this qualification).
Due to the demand for our services from other areas planning for county-wide expansion begins.
Enter contractual arrangement with Lincolnshire County Council to support families with children on Elective Home Education. Begin to offer Prince’s Trust Qualifications to facilitate future entry to college or further education.
Developed a programme of adult training on a county-wide basis in partnership with Lloyds Foundation.
Begin work on the PQASSO quality standard for charities. Working in 13 different areas of the county.
A successful toddler group is set up in Gainsborough after requests from the residents.
Regular coffee mornings are now being held in Gainsborough, bringing together Travellers and non-Travellers.
Well Woman Groups established in Gainsborough, one at Park Springs Community Centre and one at Summergangs Lane Traveller site.